Monday, November 22, 2004

Your Mornin' Cup O' Pop Culture

Delivered Fresh - and free!

In the first half an hour of the 11pm EST Sportscenter last night, they showed the ugly lowlights from Saturday night's shocking, despicable melee, brawl, hootenanny (choose your own word adventure) between the Pistons, Pacers and the Piston fans at least ten times. I wish that was an exaggeration. I, for one, am sick and tired of being beaten over the head with these images. So I shut Sportscenter off which, for me, is like saying no to a good night sleep. It hurts, but it hurt me more. Media is everywhere and saturates this land like fast-food restaurants. Common losers can type their thoughts on blogs, pretending to be real journalists. Even here in NYC, there are not one but two free morning daily newspapers. Big stories are covered ad nauseum. The beauty, however, is that no matter how hard they try; no matter if they are seemingly everywhere, these media outlets cannot prevent me from pressing the "channel up" button and watching something that I really enjoy: women's college volleyball. Aaaah.

No comments: